Internal Sales/Operations Manager
Do you have an interest in motorcycling? Interested in the cut and thrust of the new wave custom café racer world? Have the get up and go to grow in a young high growth business? Dot 4 Distribution Ltd may be for you.
Dot 4 Distribution Ltd is a leading European distributor of fashion orientated protective motorcycle clothing for the trendy Café Racer market. We work with leading brands such as Resurgence Gear, Roland Sands Design, Crave, Motobailey, Ashley Watson, Oily Rag Clothing, Holy Freedom and Garibaldi.
As an Internal Sales/Operations Manager, you would deal with the day to day communication with our customers, processing and fulfilment of orders and goods and products that come in and out of our warehouse.
No specific qualifications are required, however good basic English (spoken and written) and maths are needed. Additionally, because of the large amount of computerised retail systems, good IT skills would be useful.
You will be a good communicator, comfortable calling and dealing with customers, You’ll need to be able to work quickly and accurately. A reasonable level of fitness is required.
- Responding to customer queries, stock and order requirements
- Process customer orders on our computer system
- Provide order lead time details to customers
- Filing customer orders and paperwork
- Liaison with sales staff
- Promote new products to customers
- Report low stock issues to the Director
- Help book events and shows, and the services needed for them
- Generally keeping the office running
- Take delivery of goods and supplies
- Check for damaged or missing items
- Move stock around by hand
- Picking and packing orders
- Booking couriers and post
- Load goods for dispatch (some jobs may include delivering)
- Keep records of stock
- Keep paperwork up to date
- Cleaning work areas
- Ensure accuracy of orders shipped
You will be based at our warehouse in Four Marks, Hampshire, reporting to the owner and managing director.
Occasional you may be asked to help with our participation at trade shows.
Working hours and conditions
Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm each week,
You need to work well unsupervised, be capable of using own initiative and have the desire to grow and succeed with the company.
Training and development
Induction training on the use of our computer order management system, safe handling, storage and dispatch procedures, and completing records will be given upon commencement.
Skills, interests and qualities
The sales operations assistant will need to have:
- Good teamwork skills
- Ability to work quickly and well
- Ability to work accurately and check own work
- Ability to complete paperwork and count stock items
- Basic computer skills
- Understanding of health and safety regulations
- Honesty and reliability
- Willingness to work on a flexible basis
- Ability to gain basic product knowledge
- Basic understanding of the protective motorcycle clothing industry
- Reasonable level of fitness