Warehouse and Sales Assistant
Do you have an interest in motorcycling? Are you interested in the cut and thrust of the new wave custom café racer motorcycle world? If so, read on…
Dot 4 Distribution Ltd is a leading European distributor, and retailer through its sister company Salt Flats Clothing, of fashion orientated protective motorcycle clothing for the trendy Café Racer and New Wave Custom motorcycle market. We work with leading brands such as ResurgenceGear, Stylmartin, Black Arrow Label, D3O, ByCity, Oily Rag Clothing, Holy Freedom and Garibaldi.
We have recently moved to Wokingham, Berkshire and need to recruit a motivated and enthusiastic team member who desires a multi-faceted role and an opportunity to grow within our young business.
As a Warehouse and Sales Assistant, you will deal with the day-to-day communication with our wholesale customers, the processing and fulfilment of their orders, the goods that come in and out of our warehouse and the retail customers visiting our showroom.
No specific qualifications are required. However good basic English (written and oral), maths, good communication skills, and the ability to work with your own initiative with minimal supervision are desired. Additionally, good IT skills would be useful as there is a large dependency on computerised distribution systems. Any creative and marketing capabilities would be a bonus.
You will be a good communicator, comfortable calling and dealing with customers, interested to learn about protective motorcycle clothing and the fashions of the sector we work in. You’ll need to be able to work quickly and accurately. A reasonable level of fitness is required and ability to work at heights using a ladder.
- Responding to customer queries, stock and order requirements
- Processing customer orders on our computer system
- Providing order lead time details to customers
- Filing customer orders and paperwork
- Liaising with field sales staff
- Looking after retail customers attending our showroom, assisting them with their requirements, recommending products and completing sales
- Answering inbound phone calls
- Promoting new products to customers
- Reporting low stock issues to the Director
- Helping to book events and shows, and the services needed for them
- Keeping the office, warehouse and showroom tidy
- Taking delivery of goods and supplies
- Booking inbound deliveries onto our computer system
- Checking for damaged or missing items
- Moving stock around by hand
- Picking and packing orders
- Booking couriers and post
- Loading goods for dispatch (some jobs may include delivering)
- Keeping records of stock
- Keeping paperwork up to date
- Cleaning work areas
- Ensuring accuracy of orders shipped
You will be based at our office, showroom and warehouse in Wokingham, Berkshire, reporting to the owner and managing director.
Occasionally you may be asked to help with our participation at trade shows.
Working hours and conditions
Five days a week spanning Monday to Saturday 9am to 5.30pm. Weekend work will be required.
You need to work well unsupervised and be capable of using your own initiative.
Training and development
Induction training on the use of our computer order management system, safe handling, storage and dispatch procedures and completing records will be given at the beginning of employment.
Product training will be ongoing.
Skills, interests and qualities
The Warehouse and Sales Assistant, will need to have:
- Good teamwork skills
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Able to work quickly
- Able to work accurately and check their own work
- Able to complete paperwork and count stock items
- Basic computer skills
- Understanding of health and safety regulations
- Be honest and reliable
- Willingness to work on a flexible basis
- Able to retain basic product knowledge and communicate this to customers
- Basic understanding of the protective motorcycle clothing industry
- Reasonable level of fitness
- Quick learner